we fall down on the inside. [p]
[html]

Word Count → 380 :: Talking about his mom is totally what gets him amped up. 8D

The chocolate-tipped youth could not suppress an awkward groan and a slump as his brother was mentioned; his olive-shaded eyes glanced away from her and focused on the distant ground, narrowing with anger. “He's done nothing but follow me around since I met him,” the Zepar said, puncuating his statement with a heavy sigh. “Most of the time I'd rather he didn't. I might like him better if I saw less of him,” the boy scoffed. It seemed at times around every corner of the caves, Scorpius was there, waiting for him. It was rare for Harlowe to vent as he was, but it was his first opportunity to discuss what had occupied his mind and his time the most for the past weeks.

“I think it would be good not to know anyone,” the boy replied, his mind still occupied by his half-brother. He did not even know the shaded youth's father; he at least knew Ehno, after all. Now Crimson Dreams was even further than it had been when he lived in Phoenix Valley. Then again, Crimson Dreams hadn't been that far from Dahlia de Mai, and he hadn't visited many times. He wondered if his father knew where he now lived, if he knew that Harlowe had once lived in the Dahlian pack itself. A pang of guilt and missing him struck Harlowe, and he shook it off just as quickly. He loved his father in some awkward way, but he did not idolize the man as he idolized his mother.

“Oh. I left my home pack, lived in another with my uncle for a while, and now I'm here,” he said, shrugging his brownish shoulders. He had shuffled around quite a bit, and it hadn't bothered him any -- she did not seem particularly upset by her journey. Then again, the D'Angelo boy had never been good at reading others' emotions. He was easy to deceive and easier still to manipulate. The youth looked at her in surprise, however, when she mentioned books. “You like books?” he asked incredulously. “Not many here do. My mother does, and so do I. She taught me to read,” the boy mentioned, a faint smile overwhelming his chocolate-masked face at the mention of reading and Naniko in the same sentence.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.sie-blanktext3 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sie-blanktext3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread