nadvnelv
[html]

Awww! Poor Lili! SoSuWriMo 357

Ah, so it seemed that he had caught her while she was deep in thought, that would explain her surprise. Mostly he was happy that he hadn't barged in on her at some inconvenient time. It had taken a lot of work to muster up the courage to come here with the intentions that he had and to get all worked up for it and then not be able to go through with it...well, it would not have been good. He looked at the book she showed him, but he could not have told her anything about it even if he wanted to. "I see. I do not know how to read either. Books were not really common in the tribe. Stories and knowledge get passed down more through the telling than writing them down." It was not to say that he thought poorly of books or her desire to learn to read, it was just not anything that he was familiar with or used to.

It didn't surprise him that she turned the tables on him and mentioned his own rank. It was certainly not the way he would have normally addressed her, nor the way he would wish her to address him. Nayati was proud of her though, and did not want her to think that he overlooked her great accomplishment. Of course he had been there for her ceremony, but they hadn't had the chance to speak privately to one another about it. "I am good, though winter can be a frustrating time for a hunter." Even though the statement was true, he hoped that it might help explain any oddness about him that she might pick up on while he moved to his true purpose of coming here today.

The man smiled at her playful words. To him, there was nothing humble about her presence. "Well, I was thinking perhaps I could share a bit more about my family with you. Particularly about my mother and father." Nayati was trying to make the transition as smooth as possible, but it was going to be a little abrupt no matter what he did.

<style type="text/css">
.noellendrum b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2edd9; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.noellendrum-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.noellendrum p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.noellendrum {margin:0 auto; width:331px; background-color:#117c99; background-image:url(http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6522/nayatitable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #70c2e2; padding: 10px 0px 310px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#112026; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread