Out and About and So On
[html]
SSWM: 306

Pripyat had ample time alone to wander outside the borders of the pack. For a long while no one came, and the silvered boy simply took in all he could. Sights, scents, sounds. Filed them away in his canine brain, so that if ever he smelt these smells again, or heard the same sounds, he could think “ah yes, that was from… what pack…?” These are the lands of Cours des Miracles. The voice answered the question for him and Pripyat raised up his eyes, to meet the gaze of a strange canine. Not wolf and not coyote, and Pripyat could not place a label on whatever species this man must belong to. He was small and white, but stood higher than Pripyat who was in his lupus form, rather than on two legs. For a moment the boy just took in the sight, knowing and identifying the canine as, well canine, but unable to guess at the creature’s identity any more than that.

"Ah, good day sir. Excuse my presence on your borders. I am Pripyat Soul, from Phoenix Valley." The boy bowed his head deeply to the other, who was already more pleasant than the woman he had found in Inferni. Still, when he raised his head and met the gaze of the other he did not make any gestures that could be thought of as rude. Merely he stood there, hoping that his visit wouldn’t be wholly unwelcome and that his sense of adventure and wish for exploration hadn’t once more brought him into the ill favor of another. "I have never been out this way and didn’t know another pack was so close a neighbor to my own." He smiled, his voice warm, hoping that the other would sense his good spirits and join in on the friendly, but idle, chit chat.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread