The Lay of the Land
OOC; No problem!
As you will see, his attitude changes slightly by how I'm feeling. ;D I try to keep it...within reason. But, I suppose some of his "Kindness" Is because of the way you reacted to him. Haha, and if you didn't try to kill him, that usually makes him lighten up a bit. Wink

Toklo was in a state of panic. If he was found on another pack's territory he could be killed my some ruthless pack member. He'd gotten close many times before. He slipped out in a pinch though. He was always checking behind his back, watching for them to come hurtling after him. He was constantly on full-alert. Always watching, listening. Always waiting. They were coming for him. He'd had quite a few unpleasant run-ins with packs. He made a face as he recalled a few recent ones. The scar on his shoulder from his last battle with one wasn't really a scar yet even- more like an open wound. He grimaced. The pain was easy to bear, but the idea of feeling fear was bad- really bad. He hated the idea of it. He was supposed to be tough.

Toklo's hackles rose and his ears flattened against his skull as his eyes skimmed the area in front of him frantically. His blue eyes pierced every nook and cranny; searching everywhere for signs of attackers. Even when he saw none, he kept looking. His ears lifted to help search for an approach. He heard something a bit off to the side. He froze and kept silent. His eyes locked on the direction he had heard the noises coming from. His sharp, hard eyes never wavered from the patch he knew a wolf was certain to emerge from any time soon. He was ready. At least, that's what he told himself.

Suddenly, a wolf emerged, sauntering slowly as if she had not a care in the world. He knew it was a fae by her features and the dainty was she carried her weight. Toklo's eyes stayed glued to her as she walked straight up to him, a complete stranger. Could she not see he was twice her size? He growled a low, warning growl. But, she did something unheard of. She walked straight up to him and looked at him as he was not looking as if he was about to have the fight of his life. His ears flattened, but then lifted and perked in her direction just as quick. What was she doing?

And then she asked him a question. This female was really abrupt - and such audacity! Speaking with - no, to, a wolf like he. A complete stranger! He could be a murderer for all she knew! But, lucky her, he was not. His hackles flattened slowly and he rose from his deffensive position, tilting his head at her in utter confusion. She sent a list of questions hurtling at him, asking another before he had even a fraction of a second to reply. He sighed, giving up. He waited until she was done.

When he felt she had covered everything, he asked quietly, smirking slightly, "Is that all? Are you done yet, miss?" He chuckled, waiting to see if she had anything else she wished him to answer. That seemed to be all. "Alright, now, let's see. If you're done bombarding me with questions, that is," He joked, giving her a wink. "Hmm...I cannot answer the first question." He thought a moment before answering her second question. "You." He told her, smiling. "And no, I am not a member of this pack," He admitted, his smile faltering. Was she part of the pack? Was her kindness only an act? Was she going to attempt to harm him?

Messages In This Thread