tidal wave gonna cover me
[html]

Xeris tensed as the unfamiliar wolf suddenly took a step in her direction, and a flash of fear hit her. She inhaled sharply, preparing to howl for help if it was needed. She'd been attacked before, yes, but that was before. Before, she was on enemy lands or outnumbered by enemies. Now she was on Phoenix Valley territory, where surely someone would come to her aid if she called. But when the male seemed to settle down and apologized, Xeris let her open mouth close and stood staring at him.

The male spoke of how he fought for survival. So he was a loner, that was why Xeris couldn't identify him with any scents that were familiar to her. She had only known one or two other loners, the most prominent in her life being Daisuke. She thought back to the things that he had said; he did tell her that he'd gotten into some trouble, but had never seemed to stress the impact of fighting in his life. For the time being, Xeris remained in a solemn silence, waiting for the other wolf's response to her question.

However, it seemed that she was not going to get an answer; at least, not the answer she was looking for. A nobody, he said he was. Xeris was unsure whether to pity him or scold him for thinking so lowly of himself. Instead, she chose something in between. "It doesn't have to be that way, you know," she told him. "I was a loner once, too. There are packs that will take you in." She wasn't necessarily implying that she wanted him to join Phoenix Valley, but what she did want was for him to be able to think of himself as more than just a nobody.

<style type="text/css">
.xerrtss b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xerrtss .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xerrtss p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xerrtss {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6E6E6E; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/k3kw3m.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#171717; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread