The world falls apart
[html]

you calm the storms, and you give me rest... [ooc]

[bic] ...you hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.

Everything on her hurt, now. Her arms were locked around the young ones, making sure that they didn't fall. She had thought about putting them into the backpack, where she could be certain she wouldn't drop them, but had decided against it. There probably wasn't a very good air flow, and they were very, very young. She was surprised that they were even still alive right now; the pups were damp with afterbirth. That was probably what had saved them.

She could almost feel the flames licking at her heels, even though she knew that she was sitting on safe ground. Deuce joined the group and Naniko tried to call out to her, but her voice wouldn't work right. It was scratchy from all of the smoke...she had inhaled an awful lot of it while she'd been scouting. She coughed once more, spitting on the ground, then clearing her throat. "Deuce! I...I got them"

Even that much was almost too much. When Conri approached she loosened her grips on the small ones, showing him. "They were born...just as the fire was taking over a piece of Jaded Shadows. I found Dierdre--she was very badly burnt--and I tried to help her. But when we got far enough away she started going into labor. There was nothing I could do but help her, and then look for a safe way out. I--" She paused for a moment, coughing, "I came back, and she was gone. The fire was all around...and I didn't know what to do. These two were there, right next to my backpack. So I took them and ran" Would he be angry with her for not staying and looking for Dierdre more? She hadn't thought that the female was strong enough to go anywhere...but somehow she had wandered away. Would Deuce hate her for losing her daughter? "But...she did tell me their names. The one that you just touched, Conri, is Apollo Haddon. The fire-colored is Sirius Revlis" She held her hands out, offering the little ones to Deuce. "Deuce..I can't...I don't have anything to feed them" She said weakly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread