The world falls apart
[html]

Late, sorry. Assuming Conri will introduce himself in the other thread. Helena, sorry to violate Nocht's hidingness, but I thought it was funny. xD

___Anka's eyes fluttered open. She wasn't sure how long she'd been sleeping, or even when she'd fallen asleep, but it wasn't burning down, where ever she was. She yawned, and a violent cough shook her body. When it finally stopped, she looked up, and there were... others. Many of them. Conri, he saw, that much was obvious. She knew he'd gotten out. Then there was two females, both pale in colour, although ash and soot stained their pelts. One female was carrying two puppies, an hour or two old at best. A male, dark in colour, and two more pups, a couple of weeks old, if that. She sat up slowly, and tried hard not the inhale too deeply; it would kill her lungs if she kept coughing like this.

___Then again, this fire had nearly killed more than just her lungs.

___Her eyes were narrowed as she listened to the others. Her head tilted back, and suddenly, there was another face behind her as she stretched, and she nearly screamed. "Oh!" She blinked a few times, then spoke again. "Sorry, lass, didn't mean to get shaken up there. Just woke up." She was starting to talk like some of her old packmates, and at this, she laughed, coughing a bit more as she did. Somehow, it didn't seem necessary to frown or pout or be distasteful at anything anymore. She'd just escaped certain death; what was there to complain about? Her father was an asshole and her mother was both a nutcase and dead. These were facts that did naught more than amuse her.

___She glanced around at the group, then smiled a bit. "Glad to see some of ye alive," she said while nodding, lifting herself from the ground and walking to the female holding the younger of the pups. "Birthing during a crisis. That's some bravery. Not injured, are they?" She smiled broader, happy to see the new life, even if after such destruction. "Like a couple-a phoenix birds." She glanced at the herbs on the ground, then grabbed her bag and swung it into the crook of one arm. "Whoever those belong to, I see the pups need the other bag. I'll gladly carry the herbs and such with my own things."

___Perhaps the fire had just sent her into a shock, but she didn't see use in being rude. These, no matter who they were, were survivors, just as she. Helping seemed the right thing to do. She had more than enough room to carry everything, and she'd just rested, so she had more than enough strength as well. She nodded to everyone else, realising she'd forgotten her manners, which she'd not used in a while.

___"The name's Anka de Sadira. And all you are...?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread