Clutz Extraordinaire
ooc: lol word count: 786

Ren smiled happily for the girl, she had no problem extending her hospitality for anyone particularly children. She patted the area next to her for the girl to have a seat. Ren almost grimanced at the child's question, it wasnt her fault Ren's past wasnt the best but it still made the womans skin crawl. "Well you see, I was once born into a pack well outside of these lands. The pack was that of my fathers and my mother was well, a lone luperci much like many of us. He had brought her into his life and family, which were all just wolves, non-lupercis, as his mate. The pack didnt approove of her "not-so-pure-blood" and the "illness" she gave to my father. So as a result the litter born before me were outcasts and I was, well, refused a normal life I guess you could say." many wolves life didnt start pretty, she didnt know the girls past but she hoped that it wasnt nearly as bad as some of the things she heard of or experienced.

Ren pondered back on the days when the wolves discovered that because of breeding, her father became like her mother. The other "pure-bred" wolves felt it was if staining a royal blood line with that of a prostitutes. He had even refused the wolfess that he was promised to from birth. But being the alpha meant his word was law, even above his own sires or his mothers. Which was never a law excersied until her mother came into the picture, usually the wovles had very high respect for their parents. Sires, males who were the oldest or vetrens that had produced offspring, were always placed at the highest point, just below the alpha and his mate. But even they could not turn her stubborn father from his path, once he had seen Rendall's mother, he hadnt wanted anyone else. She sighed heavily and looked at the innocent child. It was amazing how a single question could hurt so much.

"Forgive me if I stop for a minute, would you like some tea?" She walked into the kitchen quickly and poured some warm water into two cups and put some tea into each, stirring it quickly so that the leaves could seep in nicely, she put some sugar in each and walked back by the fire, handing a cup gently to the girl as Ren herself took a sip and thought for a moment more before continuing. "The elders didnt see fit to allow us the way of our Luperci life so instead we were taught in the dark by my mother. We were shown how to shift and how to use our forms very well. Well, finally the cat got out of the bag you could say and the next thing I knew it was just me and my mother. My older siblings had fled into the wilderness to well begin their own lives I guess...."

She stopped, her breath almost caught in her chest as she remembered what happened then....the long month of learning, then...The infection that had first claimed her sweet mothers legs.....and then......Her mothers quiet last breaths as she passed on in her sleep one peaceful night. Rendall knew the day before, her mother could even leave the den, and when Rendall curled up against her she had given her mother extra care and love before trying to sleep. She instead had listened to her mothers peaceful sleep as her air intake became more and more weak. When the girl realized her mother wouldnt rouse from her sleep, she left in the middle of the night, not able to take the feeling of being around the lifeless body any longer. She daddled with her tea cup for a moment. "It was soon just me after that, I lived on my own, fishing, and wondering around trying to find someone who could help me.. I had remebered my mother telling me about this area, so I made my way down to the Valley borders were I met an old wolf named Da Vinci who took me in and taught me everything else." she stood up and shrugged her shoulders as she went to check on the food. "The rest is history I guess, I did leave for a periodic soul- searching time, but this place will always be my home."

She turned her inquisitive eye on the girl, observing her reaction to the tale before turning around and opening the stove and inhaling the delicious fumes. "Dinners done." She brought the pretty little coyote a plate of meat and bread and placed it in her lap. "So how did you come to be in Inferni?"

Messages In This Thread