After all these years
[html]

And a strong name it was, indeed, he considered in his silence. The scarred man's one-eyed gaze held steady on his eldest son, clouded still with suspicion; Jefferson was not a naturally cruel man, despite the barren stripes across his body inflicted by countless knives and blades of teeth and claws. He knew forgiveness, he had handed it out before, but he had handed it out cautiously. Still his eye pierced into Gaël, who desired to be called a gentle giant, who desired to be called innocent and harmless after attacking his father with the size and rage Jefferson had given him in genetics, with the recklessness of the crazed man named Maluki. And yet the brute and Gabriel had fought once, but now stood as comrades of sorts. Was it so hard to imagine? After all, Jefferson knew of himself that he never desired enemies out of his own children.

A strong name, he decided, with a curt but unexplained nod of the head. His mother named him well. At the mention of Miriette, however, the cyclops's attention snapped back to reality, and he straightened up his shoulders.

"Miriette was here not long ago," he replied, a stoniness in his tone. "I thought she wanted to stay again, but she ran off. I haven't heard from her since. I last saw Heath in a pack west of here."

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread