the only down time is in death
[html]

SSWM: 553

Kesho was enjoying the silence, being alone, and this nice, quick drink he'd found. The water here was so clean, crisp, wonderful. He took long, thirsty gulps of it, large ears twitching in the breeze, keeping himself alert. Of course, it wasn't long before he heard something. At first, though, it was of little concern. Just some shuffling in the brush nearby; probably just a rabbit. Kesho had paused in drinking, but now returned to it, as heartily as ever, dark red eyes stared back at him in the water below him, his body frozen in place to refrain from making any other noise. He could not help but keep hearing that rustling...

Suddenly it was closer, and the old man whipped around, facing the bushes that had just been behind him moments ago. His hackles were barely raised, a simple alert. Crimson eyes stared unblinkingly around the landscape, unable to calm his mind until the source of the noise was discovered. Whoever it was was making quite the racket, seemingly attempting to sneak up on him. Hah. They'd need to try better than that. Though Kesho's ears were not anything special, he had managed to train his brain to attend to his surroundings even whilst focusing on other matters. A skill, indeed.

Before Kesho's eyes, just as suddenly and carelessly as every other movement had been, a dark jackal-looking beast tumbled headlong out of the bushes, coming to a skidding halt just before the old Hastati. The stranger's head was on the ground, his legs above it. Kesho's eyebrows furrowed in annoyance and confusion. I hope this isn't what our clan is becoming... he thought hopefully. The older man stepped back several feet to allow the man to gather his composure, if there was any left. The stranger's scent was vaguely Infernian, and so Kesho did not become immediately hostile, instead voicing a reply to the feeble explanation the jackal beast was trying to give.

"Uh...hi..I'm Revan. Sorry about that I was practicing trying to sneak..." the ebony jackal said, attempting to excuse himself for his embarrassing mistake.

Kesho nodded slowly, awkwardly, as he leaned his weight away from the man, sitting back on his haunches.

"I see." he said, and then paused, sizing up the man for a brief moment. "Well, I think you have some work to do, Revan." he stated simply, his voice gruff but not entirely unfriendly. "My name is Kesho. Hastati." he said, giving his name and rank, but nothing else. What else did he need, anyways?

Kesho could not help but notice that this guy looked quite a bit like Sepirah, that strange jackal-girl that was already established here. Perhaps they were related? But no, this guy looked nothing like the Lykoi; he did have red markings, but they were nothing like those simple marking that the Lykoi family possessed. His were more intricate, more complex. Kesho stared at the man's strange face for a moment, then glanced vaguely over Revan's young, malleable body. He could work, if he gets his act together, Kesho thought; Revan would be a good candidate for Inferni's army. The old man enjoyed the mingling of jackal blood with coyote; those canids were swift and fierce; just like he was. Or at least, like he had been, once.

<style>
.kesho-929 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.kesho-929 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kesho-929 b {color:#DEEAF3; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.kesho-929 {background-color:#8C9398; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/kesho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#12191F; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
.kesho-929-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread