Think Warm Thoughts!
[html]<style type="text/css">
.oce02 {width:500px;margin:0 auto;background:#211E63 url(http://tammi.sleepyglow.net/souls/images/Oceane1_2.jpg) no-repeat top; border:1px solid;}
.oce02 .in {padding:160px 10px 10px 10px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#EFEFEF;}
.oce02 p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px}
.oce02 .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;}
.oce02 .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #1D265F; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.oce02 b {color:#F9FCC5;font-family:georgia}
.oce02 a {color:#fff}
.oce02 a:hover {color:#CCECBD;text-decoration:underline}</style>

Sorry it took so long! (359)

Ocèane could help but chuckle as the pup voiced her concern over the sturdiness of the structure. It wasn't a mean laugh, just an amused one. You startled me that's all, I'm just used to being the one sneaking up on things," she said smiling. About the building she replied, "You'll just have to stick around till it's finished, then it won't look so unsteady... You know, if it was summer I would build myself a proper hut that's nice and warm, but it's too cold for that right now." She hoped the pup wouldn't get bored with her rambling on as she built.

"Wow, look at the whole pile you brought me! That will do nicely, thank you." She praised the pup, remembering how well she liked to be praised when she was that age. Heck, she still liked to be acknowledged for the nice stuff she did for others.

She lashed a few more branches together on the ground and then lifting them carefully she added them to the structure, which now took on a circular shape with a narrow, long opening at one end for a door. Of course it was all made of basically twigs and branches but soon she could add the larger stips of bark and matts of woven reeds that would serve as insulation against the bitter cold, both day and night.

When Ayasha mentioned Dawali, Ocèane took another look at the pup, desiding to answer her question first. "I am a fire maker, I gather fire wood for the Great Fire among other things. But I cannot yet tend to it." She wondered if Ayasha had thought about what she wanted to do when she grew up, or maybe she hadn't thought about such things yet. Ocèane nodded,"He is a great Chief. I was born in this pack and he was it's leader even then."Then Ayasha's words sunk in a little deeper. What did she mean by found her? "I'm glad Dawali found you, but you mother and father must be worried sick about you." Ocèane felt another pang as she thought of her own mother abandoning this pack for another.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread