Think Warm Thoughts!
[html]

This is your OOC text! Yippee!

The skeleton of the hut was pretty much complete, Ocèane just had to add a few more branches for support. She lashed a few more with the bark strips that Ayasha had brought and worked them into place. As she was working on the last remaining supports she heard the pup's question. It must have seemed funny for someone to be building at this time of year when the ground was much too hard for digging or for making a paste to coat the sturdier huts.

"Well, I have actually just returned to the pack. My brother Claudius lives in the family den, but I wanted to make my own hut, there are too many memories in the den for me..." Ocèane answered with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Now that the frame seemed to be complete, the brown pelted female tested it a little to see if it was indeed ready to be insulated with bark and reed mats. "Not exactly, not if you don't want to. The pack usually works together to build bigger huts, but it is a good skill to have especially if you found yourself out in the cold somewhere with no pack at all." Ocèane had a fare amount of travelling under her belt already. Sleeping out there alone and hunting for your food every day wasn't easy and you had to know what you were doing to survive.

Her tropical hued eyes brightened (more so than usual) at the mention of the Great Fire.

"The Great Fire is a big part of our culture. It stands by the town hall in the north of the village, you can probably see it's smoke from here. " Ocèane paused, regarding the pup again waiting to see if she had anything to say before she continued, "It should always be burning and every year we make sacrifices to the spirits by tossing something that has special meaning for us into it's flames."

She hoped that made sense to the pup, it was not really easy to explain, "Ask Dawali about it if you are still curious, I'm sure he could tell you more than I can, I am still learning."

Her ears lowered in a sad gesture when Ayasha told her about her parents' deaths. "I'm so sorry to hear that Ayasha. It is a good thing indeed that Dawali found you when he did. If you ever get sad and want someone to talk to about stuff I'd be more than happy to."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread