Think Warm Thoughts!
[html]

She's finished her hut now, hope it's done in time ^^

"Oh there are happy memories of coarse, I remember playing and having fun. Being a family." She replied, her eyes wandering again to her half finished structure. "I suppose it's the happy memories that make it sad now. Everything is different, but I still have family, I still have Claudius."She was speaking more to herself now than to the pup, she really didn't mean to. "Oh Claudius is very nice. He's a little shy around people he doesn't know, but he is very sweet when you get to know him". She hoped he wouldn't resent her for saying that. "Alright, that's enough Ocèane, you've got work to do" she chided herself.

The dark female moved swiftly on her two paws, her nimble fingers picking up the various pieces that would be used as insulation to keep her hut warm. Reed mats, blankets, furs and thick tree branches would complete her structure. It was going to look almost ridiculous, being a hodge podge of different materials, but they were all she had on hand at the moment and were going to have to do. She began with the thick branches and mats first, lashing them to the frame in spots they fit best. She worked her way up to the heavy animal furs. Lastly she fasted the coloured blankets and remaining furs to the narrow front entrance. It created a rather striking appearance once she stepped back and looked at it with a critical eye, much like an artists with her finished painting. Although this painting looked rather flimsy and lopsided.

She could have almost laughed at it, it really looked ridiculous. Her face cracked into a wide grin at the thought. "Well, what do you think Ayasha? Want to help me dig out a fire pit inside?" She questioned the pup, wondering what her response would be to the finished product. The structure was finished, now she just needed to give it some warmth and decorate. Good thing she had remembered to leave a small vent in the roof to allow smoke to escape, but covered enough so that snow wouldn't fall in.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread