Cat And Mouse
[html]

WC 631

Something was amiss and perhaps if the Takekuro girl was less distraught over her own dilemma she may have noticed... but she did not. Orin was often lost in her own little world, hardly in tune with anything happening around her unless it was of emotional significance to her or her friends. At the moment the significance lay in the fact that she thought the whole pack was gossiping about her. Mars was acting a little strange, but Mars always acted a little strange, so there were no particular notes for Orin to key in on.

She glanced from the man to the sheep that stood in the doorway and cocked her head in slight confusion. Orin had never met Mars's pet before but had heard slight mention about the thing. She smiled softly, though it was not the overly indulgent grin she normally would have given to such an occasion. Still, Mars was bringing his sheep over to meet her and she did not want to be rude, so she descended the rest of the stairs and slipped across the open floor to the animal that stood in the doorway. She smiled softly and reached out to the little black sheep, laying her hand on its head and petting it a few times.

“Hello Bartholomew,” she crooned to the animal. “It's nice to meet a friend of Mars.” She chuckled softly. It was a small laugh but at least it was a genuine one and made her feel a little better. She turned her gaze back to Mars and the sheep nudged her hand, so she began petting it over again. “Did you bring him over to make me feel better? He is awfully cute.”

Oh, or perhaps he was just bringing the animal over to meet her for fun, since he said he had not heard. She found it somewhat difficult to believe since everyone must have been talking about the scandal. But then again, Mars wasn't exactly a social butterfly or anything...

“Oh, well,” she moved away from the sheep and started as though she was going to begin the story, then suddenly stopped. Well, what sense did that make? She was so upset because she thought people were talking about it, and here she found someone who was not talking about it, so she was about to make him start! That was ridiculous. In the confusion of her revelation, she just stood there blank for a moment. Mars had just asked her what happened, though, and she could use an ear right now. She was stuck between telling him, and keeping quiet about the incident. She probably would not keep quiet for long.

While she considered it, the sheep bleated again and Mars asked her something about it. Her face screwed up into pure bewilderment. What was he talking about? Why was the sheep following him? Well, he brought it here. “Don't you want it to follow you, Mars? I know you still needed to build it a stable but if you don't want it to follow you I'm sure there's some rope in one of the shops here. You could tether it up outside your house.”

She turned her gaze back to the sheep that bleated again. “It's probably hungry. Things follow their masters around when they're hungry. I don't have anything for it though... ate my last apple last night. Oh, oh no...” The sheep started to step forward and Orin put herself in front of it. “Bartholomew, I like you enough and all, but you can't come in here unless you're house trained.” She glanced over her shoulder at Mars and cocked a grin. “Unless you feel like cleaning it up if he has an accident.”

<style>
.orinlizard-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.orinlizard {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.orinlizard b {color:#e9b656; font-weight:bold;}
.orinlizard {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ad9500; background-image:url(http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5581/souls68.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3e4b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread