Cat And Mouse
[html]

“Yeah,” she nodded thoughtfully as she remembered her symptoms. “I've been really tired. Sometimes I feel like I have a fever. Not only do I want to sleep a lot but I get tired doing normal things. And then sometimes I feel like I want to sleep, but when I lay down I feel all twitchy and can't get comfortable. I can't concentrate on anything right now, and I get nauseous a lot.” She trailed off and shrugged slightly. It was almost as though talking about her symptoms were bringing them back, and she slumped over the desk in defeat.

Her eyes trailed after Bartholomew as he meandered along one of the shelves. He offered to read to her and grabbed a book, and Orin could not suppress the wide smile that overtook her features at this offer, nor would she want to. Her ears perked up and she straightened a little. What a cute, sweet gesture! No one ever offered to read to her before – not unless she was teaching them how to read, and she told them they had to.

“I'd love it if you read to me. You can read that to me if you want,” she joked, seeing the picture on the cover. “Then maybe we could cook something from it. Hah-ha! Yeah, in this winter with all these supplies we have.” She gave a quick glance at the window. Small flecks of snow were now raining down, but it was hardly a torrent to worry about. The sheep's black wool now had a dusting of white. “Any recipe for lamb chops? Just kidding!”

“I like fantasy stories most of all... things with dragons and heros and princesses,” she giggled softly. “And plays. I love plays of all kinds. They usually have one of every character in them. Something with a little adventure. You pick.”

She crossed her arms over the desk and leaned over it again, propping her head on her forearms. She suddenly felt very sleepy so she thought she would rest her head for a moment. She yawned and the gesture made her eyes water slightly. “Maybe something like a bedtime story,” she looked tired, but her tone was purely joking. “Why don't you pick something that interests you? I like everything, and I really like to see what others are in to.”

<style type="text/css">
.orintreeline-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.orintreeline b {font-weight:bold; color:#816f6f; letter-spacing:1px}
.orintreeline p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orintreeline {margin:0 auto; background-color:#e2e4f6; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/vpca54.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a09eb0; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:370px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread