She said her name was a hand-me down name
[html]

out of character text

Her pelt caught the moon's graceful light, and made Davyn's breath catch in his throat at the simple beauty and grace that radiated from her. When her curious eyes met his, Davyn found himself being dragged down into the depths of them, wanting to explain this behavior that was so obviously odd to her.

With a slight smile, he explained this activity. "I...I am Wiccan, one of the religions that humans followed. I came all the way out here to be close to the wind that brought my soul here..." His voice trailed off, wondering if this admission would change how she acted around him. He raised his hand to fidget with the pendant that hung at the hollow of his throat, warming the metal like the female in front of him had warmed his heart. "I did a couple of workings." He shrugged, gesturing to the candle that still flickered. Davyn had no idea how it was still burning with the wind, but he planned on staying till it was gone.

When Davyn met her eyes once more, he noticed that she was shivering slightly. He held out his arms in invitation, knowing that sharing body heat would allow her to warm up quickly. The walk home would be cold, as the frost that hung in the air so very well foretold. But Davyn had ceased to feel the cold a long while before, so engrossed as he had been in the workings, and now, in the company of Tala. His mind flitted briefly to the future, to the scrying he had done, and it danced away from the thought for the time being. What he had seen may or may not happen, and only time would be able to tell him the truth. The chill of foreboding burrowed down in his bones, and Davyn's stomach wanted to flip in anxiety as the images slid from his memory. He clenched his jaw, determined to find the images once more, but later.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread