Children Seeker
[html]

1019!

Itzal had never been truly abandoned. He had just had those he cared about taken away. His family was killed and he was hidden in the pack. The pack abused him and he ran away, so he abandoned them (not like they probably cared) and his father could not go on living and died. No, he did not know what abandonement felt like. He only knew what if felt to lose what mattered most to you. He did not hold it against anything. It was just what happened to him, he was use to it. If he got close to something or someone, then it was ripped out of his life painfully. At least it use to be painful, now he had just gone mostly numb, living as seperate from others emtionally as he could be. But that was part of settling down, getting a permanent setting, and maybe see if things stayed the way they should. He was not very hopeful, but he had been wandering over half his life, he had been fighting during that time mostly, fighting to survive, and now he just felt like it was time to try out living in a pack. So far it was not to bad. But he was still hesitant to commit himself entirly, afraid the second he did it would all come crashing down around him. He did not want that, and felt like if he was not truly connected, then maybe it would not hurt when it did come down on him. He was sure it would, but he could not help but have the tiny flicker of hope that maybe he had found an actual home where he could learn to live among others. Sure there would still be conflicts and fights sometimes, but it would not be constant, he wuold not be surounded by all the killing, the fighting. Maybe that was finally in his past, and this was the start of his new future. That tiny flicker of hope could not stop saying that one word in the back of his head, maybe. He wanted to believe it, but he was just to unsure. He sighed mentally. He would just have to wait and see how things went. Maybe it would get easier with time. Ugh, there was that word again, maybe, maybe, maybe. He figured there was no point worrying about it, he could not help the walls he had put up to guard himself over time, so he would just wait and see how it played out with time.

Itzal had been listening to Niro while he had been caught up in thought, and had caught some of his first words. "Oh, yeah, I guess no one would know better then her. And she is a hunter of the sky, we are just hunters of the land. We are not so diffrent from them." Itzal agreed partially with Niro's comment about how they were lucky creatures, and that it was no freedom a wolf could have. "It is true, we can not fly over the land, but we ourselves are lucky. We have legs that can carry us fast. We can shift to walk on two legs, and see the world from a diffrent perspective, and we have Secui, where we can be stronger and faster, giving us gracefulness and beauty. Just as we will never experience flying, they will never know what it is to feel your body running across the ground, your leg muscles pushing you faster and faster. I love running because it is what I'm made for in a way. I'm made to be able to run faster then my prey, or longer, and I'm made to be able to fight to defend myself. I take pride in those things." He had looked up at the sky about halfway through his speech. Though he did not mean to give it as a speech, more as just what he saw and felt. He finally sighed and looked away from the sky, then his ears perked at the name. Hmmm he did not know of a Clover, but he racked his brain, the name Lykoi hitting something in his memory. Where had he heard it before. Oh yes, Sepirah who had greated him at the border, she was a Lykoi, and she was related to that big family that helped make up the pack. "No I do not know a Clover Lykoi, but that last name does ring a bell. They are a big family, and I would probably not know one from the other even if I had meant her. I'm sorry to disappoint you." Itzal had noticed Niro's hopefulness, and wondered what connection he had to this Clover girl. Maybe they were just good friends. Itzal shrugged it off, not wanting to ask and be rude. He then listened to Niro's skills, nodding at them. "sounds like you have some good skills." He smiled when he was asked what he could do. "I can track, hunt, fight, I'm awesome at stealth. I do not hesitate to kill, if you count that as a skill. And I can give tattoos. I'm agile and quick on my feet, and not to bad with my knife there." He gestured to the ouch hanging at his waist. It was very true that he was "not to bad" He was actualy very good. He could throw it with deadly accuracy and had killed rabbits and other game with it before. It had also slit many throats, but he did not feel like adding that into the conversation. Something told him that would not be the best note to finish his list of skills on. Some people were surprised with how ok he was with killing, but it was just part of him now. Something he had learned and accepted growing up on his own and wandering. If most others were a hybrid in dangerous territorys with wild loners and crazy packs around, and they were only half a year old, they would have learned to survive too, even if it meant killing ruthlessly.

<style>
.itzal-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-d04 b {color:#7DA4DE; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread