every artist is a cannibal every poet is a thief
[html]
http://kiriska.homestead.com/files/Arkham_01header.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Arkham decided that wolves really couldn't be all that bad if all of them were like the ones he'd met. They had all been kind enough, understanding, and willing to put up with the random kid that needed company sometimes. Even the ones that had seemed somewhat hesitant at first still hadn't just turned away at the sight of him. Gabriel probably had his own reasons for being suspicious of them, but the child had not yet met the prejudices of the world first hand and was more than willing to trust the kindness of a stranger, whether wolf, coyote, or something else entirely. Hybrid or demonspawn.

Yeah, he said simply, nodding. Gabriel -- he's muh oldest brudder -- said she's gone, so ah guess she's gone. And his father? Muh dad lives with wolves, he explained earnestly, He visits sometimes, buh I dun see him much anyway. He furrowed his brows and kept staring at the ocean, Rachias thinks h'wunt c'back now th'mum's gone. I d'no. I d'no any'thin' 'bout 'im anyways. And sometimes he thought that a curious thing, but no one else in his family had fathers that were around anyway so how was he supposed to know that wasn't the norm? Or that it was the norm, but a very unfortuante one?

It was theraputic telling the grey wolf about himself for some reason. Some things he didn't really realize for himself until he said them outloud and young as he was, the red-eyed pup wasn't one for imaginary friends to spill his heart out to. He looked back to the stranger. M'name's Arkham Lah-koy, he introduced politely, Wassyur name?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread