every artist is a cannibal every poet is a thief
[html]

--

cradle me in your crooked heart
boy, look at what you missed out on. The sun was smiling on Mischa but not on Tsunami. He was stuck in a perpetual rainstorm that perhaps would never go away. For some reason, he wasn't surprised. The day he had learned that Laruku was a murderer, he hadn't been surprised -- his love (unspoken, because fear was the greatest restraint of all) had never been able to save the red-eyed hybrid. His love had never been able to sort out the mess in the other male's head. Tsunami had never been able to save him, or really even help him. He had made many mistakes, sure, but he had tried, he had thrown his heart into the fire with all the faith of a believer on their deathbed, waiting for the gates of Heaven to open for them. To no avail. He hadn't been surprised then and so he wasn't now. The remorse of a lifetime lived wrong was perhaps what he was reflecting on as he looked away from his ex-lover's son and at the ocean and the faraway sky instead. Laruku had played the biggest role in his life in the past few years. For a while, Laruku had been his life. He knew he needed to get over it -- no, he knew what he needed to do first. Then move on. One way or another.

you're gonna kill his daddy. Oh what a tangled web we weave. sounds mighty familiar, sunshine. you know... and she went on, and she always would, you could kill the boychild now and get your revenge...

The boy's hopeful question brought the smile back to the one-eyed wolf's face, and he looked back at the puppy, shifting in the sand to make himself a little more comfortable. How very naive; no child ever thought their parents were bad, exactly, because few understood the definition of bad, or of evil. But Laruku was a murderer, and his was the body that had digested Tsunami's son. He decided in that split second that the truth wasn't the best route to take right now. At least not the whole truth, anyway. There was too much under the bridge to separate the necessary details from the damaging ones, and perhaps this child was best separated from his father for now, as much as the realisation depressed the yellow-eyed male. Oh, I'm sure we've met. I just heard of a male from Clouded Tears having a litter with an Inferni female, so I figured you must be theirs. Maybe one day he'd offer his whole story. Children needed time to be children. For now, he'd do what he could, offer his friendship if the boy wanted it. He seemed lonely. Probably didn't have many friends.

But as for me, the ghostwatcher went on, hoping to change the subject, I was born in Storm about three years ago. I've come and gone a lot since then. You know, I've got a son who's only about five or six months older than you, named Bane. He's gone also, but I know he'll be okay. liar. Winters were long and harsh, and if Bane didn't find someplace to spend the next few months, he might freeze to death or die of starvation. Tsunami had never been able to talk any sense into the child. He's a good fisher. Learned it from his dad. D'you know how to fish?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread