every artist is a cannibal every poet is a thief
[html]

--

cradle me in your crooked heart
Tsunami was fairly ignorant to the inner workings of Inferni and he planned to be for as long as possible. Though he couldn't hold anything against individual members simply for belonging to the clan, he couldn't forget the horrors they'd committed in the past. He had never had any reason to believe Phasma was a liar, and the grapevine was constantly whispering -- as it had in the past, it still was now. He knew of this kid's mother (if, indeed, it was Kaena) and figured that, given the things he'd heard, it was probably better this way. How your opinions changed with age.

His name? Sure, he knew Arkham's father's name. Laruku Tears. And I have another son who's gone, too, but your daddy killed that one. And then he ate him. Sorry, was the gray wolf's reply. Of course, there are never any monsters under the bed. I can't help you. His voice was sympathetic but firm. He had nothing else to say on the subject for now. Anyway, the child wasn't his responsibility, and whomever was raising him now -- Gabriel? -- would decide when he learnt more of his father.

The mention of the dark angel's name was a bright spot in the conversation. Even to a child, Tsunami's smile would have given away the obvious. Phasma is a very good friend of mine. She's my son's mother, actually. Ironic how Arkham knew of her. Why not? She was worth knowing. Bane -- that's my son's name -- he was the adventurous sort. I don't know where he went. He wanted to find himself, he wanted to see the world. So he left. probably also wanted to get away from you. Tsunami knew the child probably figured this was a very vague way to describe a vague situation, but life was never as clear as you wanted it to be. Fishing's a little hard at first, but it's easy to pick up. There was a drought here a year or two back, and I couldn't find any prey animals to hunt, so I fished a lot. You just gotta be quick. But I guess if you don't like getting wet, you probably wouldn't like it too much. Tsunami himself hadn't fished in a while. The ocean, lately, had pretty much been one of his least favourite things. He'd get over it, and hopefully it would be easier than the other things he was working on.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread