take two and call the doctor in the morning.
[html]

Dooop dooop dooooop

Noah stammered and apologized as he always did; the cyclops made a face, though hardly a disappointed one. He sighed. "Let me make one thing clear, Noah," Jefferson said, in a sympathetic but charismatic tone, "I may lead here but I don't want to be treated like a king. I can't be treated like an equal or things would get out of hand in the ranks, but I don't want to be seen as far from that. We work together here; I just keep everything in line and make sure we're safe." His eye did not leave the ocean. "Just keep that in mind." Not a scolding in the least, of course, but perhaps more a friendly reminder.

At the mention of Lucifer and Deuce's acts, of course, the scarred man's expression hardened instantaneously. He resented them both, and in that he knew they worked well together; surely one would bring the other's downfall somewhere down the line, and hopefully at that point the cyclops would never hear from either of them again. He could only hope, on that note, but knew how unlikely it ever was. Deuce would continue her all-loving ways with as many males as she could find, and Lucifer would continue grumbling about it and pissing off everyone else around him.

So it goes.

"Well, let's see," Jefferson spat. "Iskata assigned me to watch over your father because he was a goddamn troublemaker, and all he did was piss and moan about nothing in particular. At the time I guessed he had issues with authority, but now I figure he's just a downright idiot." A pause, bitter in even its silence. "As for your mother, there is the fact that she dumped an entire pack on my shoulders so she could go frolic in the fields with Lucifer hoping to start another pack. When that didn't work, she didn't even come back here. Oh, no. She dumped your father and went to Dahlia de Mai to frisk my half-brother, complain and disappear again."

At Noah's final words, Jefferson hose not to respond quite yet.

<style>
.jeffers-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jeffers-d04 b {color:#77321A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-d04 {background-color:#FBF4B4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jeffers.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F6B49; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; }
.jeffers-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread