Lost and alone again
[html]

WC: 321 OOC: No worries

It seemed the wolf had actually enjoyed it. That’s the effect Shawchert was going for and it pleased the man that he could make the other happy. The song he played was one he used to calm himself down, and this seemed to work on the male who’d grown defensive. Now he was less so.

Thank you very much.

Shawchert acknowledged his praise. A smile creased his young face. It was so good to get praise for something you cherished. Then he was asked something he’d never been asked before… to learn how to play the flute. He smiled wider.

I would gladly teach you, and learning something does not have to be a trade. My pack strives to learn and teach, so I see no reason to have to trade for knowledge.

Shawchert took the initiative to sit down on his knees. He was still young but he would not stand the whole time. The great tree next to them had kept most of the snow from the ground. He motioned for the man to sit before he started talking, not waiting for him to do so.

Flutes can be very complicated or very simple. I know of two different kinds of flutes, the metal ones which are very rare to find, and the wooden kind, which can easily be made. I normally use the wooden but can play the metal too. Anyway it is easy you put this part in your mouth

He pointed to the end of his flute. Wooden flutes did not have their mouthpieces to the sides like metal ones, but Shaw was still able to play both.

And you blow to make a noise which is called a note

He blew on the flute once without covering any of the holes, making a deep low tone. He took the flute from his neck and wiped the mouthpiece off handing it to Alaki.

You try now.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread