I'll be here forever - Dahlia de Mai pack
[html] Slay paused thoughtfully, his white-tipped ears perked forward in interest. The footprints he'd seen and padded after - in the wild vegetation, he caught a glimpse of two white forms moving. He'd caught up. The wanderer watched with pale blue eyes, his ebony-furred tail hanging limp behind him. "Now what," he grumbled softly, casting an anxious look up to the sky. He desperately yearned for companionship after so many moons of solo travel, but was afraid of being caught in another whirlwind of pack politics. He knew nothing about the pair of luperci he'd tracked - only that he had to make a decision, and make it now, or else he would lose them.

The powerful black and white male tipped back his muzzle, sounding a howl that filled the valley. He wanted them to see him, to approach and accept him. That was his decision and it was too late to take it back. He then plunked down onto his haunches to wait, gazing off to one side to survey the land. It seemed like a place of new beginnings, promising and empty. The sea, the decrepit human dwellings, the overgrown weeds, it was all very interesting to the luperci who'd grown up in snow and mountains. "I could get used to this," he murmured with a small smile spreading onto his black lips.

Slay had come a long way to reach this land - his wandering had taken him from the far side of the continent. To find the sea again seemed like a sign... He wanted to stay here. He had wandered for long enough. No one would know who he was or where he came from, and he could just be himself. No more worries about taking over as alpha, no more luperci calling him by his hated old name, no more ambitious loners trying to bring him back home. Of course... Slay still had his markings, the bold black and white patterns that daubed his thick arctic fur. And there was still his condition, that would no doubt show itself sooner or later.

"Perhaps I'll always be a freak."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread