I'll be here forever - Dahlia de Mai pack
[html]"Finding a place as lush as this to settle down on seems quite fortunate," Slay commented, surveying the rustling grass all around them with pale gaze. There seemed to be no shortage of game, not with all the open space and untouched vegetation. He wasn't sure about larger prey, but surely this place would abound with rabbits and squirrels and mice. They could try fishing, too... So nourishment and space wouldn't be the question. It would more be a matter of others encroaching in... Would they have friendly neighbors, or would they be driven out? "We do need more wolves, to claim this as ours, though..." he murmured, voicing all three of their concerns at once.

Slay found himself yawning a third time, and when he felt the familiar weakness tingling in his knees, he realized what was about to happen. 'Oh, damn the gods a thousand times over for this blasted condition, why can't I ever have a normal pack relationship without being the pitiable freak?! I just met these two!!' he snarled inwardly, taking a shaky step to one side.

"S'cuse me fr'a moment, ladies," the tall luperci slurred, taking about three paces before collapsing onto his side.

What was the word for it again...? Oh, yes, that's right. Narcolepsy. Restless all night, drowsy all day, and falling asleep at random. Damn.

Slay's ebony-furred sides rose and fell gently in sleep, his pale eyes only half-shut with the abruptness of the onset. He would awaken in just a few minutes - the naps never lasted long - but the nightmares would take an eternity. And of course, he had no way of knowing if Colibri and Cercelee would still be standing there when he awoke. Yes, there was something wrong with him. Of course there was. He could be their faithful bodyguard, as long as he didn't pass out on the job. How pathetic... yet it was beyond his control. Pathetic.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread