I'm walking on sunshine!!!
OOC: Welcome back and happy birthday :3 My post is kind of a lame but its like 11:15 and I'm beat x.x

The warm food that was prepared so carefully by his host was now left forgotten on the floor at his feet. His attention only on the dark female in front of him and even the occasional popping of burning wood did little to distract his focus. The death of her parents was actually not surprising to him. In this world it seemed to him that one was lucky if they reached adult hood let alone raise a family. Kami had met few old wolves in his life and he could only imagine why, but of course he wouldn't raise this point to the female. Judging by the way she gazed into the burning fire he could almost imagine her picturing the lost family members within the flames. Just because he was a bit cyinical didn't mean he had to push it on others. Especially others kind of enough to offer him sanctuary.

His eyes drifting up to look through the small window behind Rendall momentarily. The softly falling snow seemed as though it was setting in for the duration, not that it bothered him. His ear rotated towards her voice with his gaze not following far behind. Faced with the gentle and curious eyes of his host he couldn't help but feel a bit obligated to answer her question. despite some small reservations. " My family? I'm sure they are all alive if that is what your asking." his voice trailed off a bit as he looked away. The tip of his tail twitching slightly in agitation as he thought back to his last days in his old pack. As a child he had grown up happy and innocent under loving parents and alongside his siblings. Looking back up and into the questioning eyes of Rendall he relented " I have a sister and a brother. The rest of the litter wasn't needed so they were. . .destroyed. "

The memories that he had put to the back of his mind had begun to resurface as he spoke. The corner of his lip twitching just enough to reveal the sharp ivory teeth hidden behind the flesh. He could almost feel the burning of the hot metal against his skin as the X shaped marking was placed against his body. Permanently exiling him from his family and the place he had called home since he was a pup. With a lot of mental effort and a large sigh, the black wolf visibly relaxed once again. Placing his front legs out in front of him so that he would be facing the fire and his head resting comfortably on the back of his paws. He had almost scared the poor girl off once before when the first met, and he certainly didn't want to scare her off now. Normally he had such control over his emotions, but something felt different as he sat here in Rendall's home.

" My family were basically the. . .Omegas of the pack. Sort of a second class to the hand picked wolves that directed the group like it was their personal toy. My parents would hunt, work, and provide for them and would be protected by the pack in return. Omegas lived with certain sets of rules though. Rules that I couldn't live by. . ." Kami felt he owed her an explanation for his little outburst. His tail wrapping around his side even tighter as he spoke "I have a problem with anyone who thinks they are better because of a title. " his voice was blunt, but sincere. It was as basic of a reason as he could come up with, but it would do for now. He knew it could be asking for trouble by basically telling a pack member that he didn't exactly respect a hierarchy. Though Rendall seemed about as opposite from the power hungry egomaniacs of his past as she could get and he was willing to take that chance.

His ear flicking slightly as leaned back up and took another bite of the slowly cooling meal before resting his head once again. " So how did end up here in the Valley then? When the rest of your family is somewhere else starting their own families?" he was legitimately curious about her past. but he certainly was not wanting to linger on his own anymore for the time being. Having lived day to day for so long and with nothing but the present to worry about, the idea of his own future was a refreshing one to say the least. With the warmth of the fire wrapping around his body like a blanket he sat patiently, waiting for her reply.

Messages In This Thread