Curiosity of the Wondering Mind
[html]

Slade gave a quick nod to answer Adonia's first question, about Shawchert. He hadn't really referred to Shawchert as the pack's "alpha", just a leader, but he had a feeling that the term meant the same. He didn't know much about pack hierarchy in the first place.

Adonia went on to explain that her drawing was of a horse. He supposed that he shouldn't have been so surprised, seeing as he had never seen a horse and yet formed a mental image of one; but still, he was way off. Before Slade could ask about horses, seeing as he certainly would have given his lack of information, Adonia asked a question about his artistic talent. He could tell that she was awkwardly trying to start a conversation. He could certainly relate to that, and he gave her a lot of credit for doing so with a non-pack member.

"I'm a writer, he replied. "I mean, that's my rank, but I can't actually write; I'm not a Luperci." He paused, taking another quick glance at the notebook. "Do you know how to write?" Instantly he regretted asking it; what was he thinking, trying to learn from someone who probably lived miles away from him? And trying to learn? Who said that she knew in the first place? Shaking his head quickly to try to clear his mind, he simply said nothing so Adonia could answer without having to sense that he was mentally scolding himself.

Stupid mind.

<style type="text/css">
.sladefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bacdd6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000f3d; }
.sladefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; text-align:center;}
.sladefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sladefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#527d96; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... slade1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bacdd6; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sladefreebe01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #527d96; margin:0 auto;}
.sladefreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #527d96; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread