Born of the blood of giants and gods.
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

ooc: wc: 477 Slight pp of them walking?

Viking was a quiet fellow, it seemed. Naniko found this concerning, as she was usually the quieter of those who she conversed with and she was unused to having to take lead of the conversation. In this situation it made sense for her to be the one asking all the questions, yes, but he wasn't giving her much feedback to go on. A man of few words. She wondered if it was the language barrier between them; he had an obvious accent, and she wondered about where he had come from and what his natural language was called. She could speak a few languages but hadn't practiced them in over a year...she doubted she could remember much of them.

She didn't have knowledge of what a viking was or of the old human legends of the vikings, and took that as being his name and nothing more. "Naniko." She said in return. "If you're seeking a pack where you can protect a queen, then I don't know if you're in the right place. I need little protecting. The packlands and the lands are what is protected by my warriors. But if you're looking to join up with us...well, if you can use that hunk of metal then I think I could have a use for you." He had called her his queen and had said that he wanted to protect a queen, that it was his purpose. But did that mean that he wanted to live in the pack?

"What do you say?" She didn't know him at all...but that would come with time. He was valuable to her, looking as if he had experienced many battles. He also looked as if he had been wielding that weapon for a long time; he held it and moved it with a lot of familiarity, an extension of himself. Oh, yes, she could find something for him to do in Anathema. She had a few warriors, but she wanted all the protection for the pack and the pups that she could get. Scorpius had already proven that he needed more training, having wandered away from her once before, and having some strong males around could prove useful for that reason as well.

They walked through the woods and over the peaks, crossing through a few heavier drifts and down the mountainside toward the pack's main entrances. Naniko was familiar with the lands and moved easily through the snow, used to clodding her way through snow even deeper than this. The fog was settling and becoming deeper as they moved toward the entrances and they came upon them rather quickly, the rock walls jutting out from the side of the mountain. "The pack lives underground...some wolves aren't comfortable with that, but we try to make it as homey as possible." She explained as they entered into the main meeting room.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread