all kill your inspiration and sing about the grief
[html]

HA i love your title.

cradle me in your crooked heart
Refresh her memory? His own was a rusty machine, a thing that held knowledge he had let fade away over the years. They had met, and around here; not on this island, but near it. Near the river. Tsunami had waded in the Yawrah to show the ghosts of the past he wasn't afraid, and she had come to him like a spirit. She had rather striking eyes. Different colours, like a husky. She reminded him of the spirits he saw flickering between the trees in the haunted woods, where he had taken Laruku to meet his mother. And instead, Arlo Xyl had come. Funny how things work that way. You expect one thing, and instead of that one thing, your friend and sister are raped and you watch your kids die and your son is eaten by your ex. The aging machine was slow to work, but it was coming back to him. Tsunami had been in Clouded Tears then; it had been a year ago. Almost exactly a year ago.

You knew Fly Agaric and Rain Oriel. he stated calmly. He leaned forward on his knees, remembering now. Rain raised me... her daughter Ember was my sister. Really, he was surprised he could recall this stuff. There was so much bullshit going on, and so much that had happened in the past. His mind was as much a jumbled chaotic mess as it ever had been. What was the difference? He had given up fighting it. You were Shaeniire Vanim's mate. The latter part was added suddenly but slowly. Carefully. She looked wary, and he didn't want to frighten her. Besides, Shaeniire was dead. And somehow, sometimes, these things just never really left you.

He had walked that road, and he knew it well.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread