all kill your inspiration and sing about the grief
[html]

--

cradle me in your crooked heart
It was late in the season but the air was drier than normal; his fur would soon no longer cling soaking wet to his skin, thick and heavy but not cold for his body had long ago begun to adjust for the long, harsh winter season. Tsunami had a tendency to spend winters here. Storm was nearby, and with the direction the wind was blowing, he could smell it quite clearly; his first winter of life had been spent amongst the trees and deep snowdrifts in his birthpack, and he'd be back soon enough. He kept his promises -- all of them, regardless of how he might wish he had never made them.

The muscular werewolf breathed out a puff of hot air, something akin to a sigh but not quite. Life never seemed to cease overwhelming him. He wanted some time off.

Moonlight, nearly the same colour as his pale-gray winter coat, reflected off the treetops and the sparse patch of ground here and there. Careful to keep from irritating his bad leg, Tsunami sat at the base of a tree, nose towards the sky. He could smell -- no, sense -- something unusual, something that was stronger occasionally than it was at other times. He felt as if he wasn't alone, though logic told him otherwise. Oh, what the fuck did logic know anyway? His one good eye wide open, he relaxed back against the trunk of the maple tree, turning his head slowly to survey his surroundings. More curious than wary. All he found was the nearing scent of another wolf. He didn't move.

Though he could've been wrong -- it could've been a dying scent from a previous time -- he wasn't. When she appeared, Tsunami was struck with how familiar the pale she-wolf was. They had met, once, a year or more ago. Or maybe less... his memory was a little fuzzy. He was glad to see her, not so much because of her but because she was just one more person who might remember that elusive way back when. The name Nirupama meant little to anyone now.

Neither did I, the gray wolf agreed with a faint smile. Her name came to him in a flash of inspiration; a rare thing these days. Tayui, isn't it? I'm Nirupama Tsunami, I think we met once.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread