A grand adventure is about to begin.
[html]

Think we could wrap it up here? 328

Her eyes searched Shawchert's face, pure bewilderment wrought on her countenance. It served a good purpose, though, for it seemed all at once that her anxiety dissipated, replaced by the confusion. “Who is Jensen? Sky got pregnant by her goat?” She cocked her head, trying to make sense of what he was talking about. She had yet to meet Jensen or even know that such a Luperci had joined Cercatori, as well as knew little about Sky's goat or what it had to do with her pregnancy.

Then, suddenly and without warning, she let out her old giggle. It was a fast, mirthful thing, though only an echo, just the framework of the laugh she was so known for. This was so preposterous! She knew she misunderstood Shawchert, and that made it all so much funnier. A thread of guilt snaked through her; she should not be laughing right now, not when they were talking about the details of Sky's miscarriage, but she had no control over her emotions. It seemed like the laughter did her a great deal of good, too, for a sliver of vitality lit behind her eyes.

“I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing,” she said as she wiped a tear from under her eye. She did not, however, mention a thing about the fact that, for some inexplicable reason, she felt better knowing that Sky's pups had not been Shawchert's. “I'm sorry she had to go through that.”

She leaned back, reclining on the bed again. The great weight seemed to be lifting off of her shoulders, and already Orin seemed to be getting better, at least in mind if not yet in body. She accepted the new bowl of soup when he offered it, and this time she leisurely worked at the soup. After a moment of reflecting silence, her eyes met Shawchert's and she said what her soul suddenly felt.

“I think everything is going to be okay.”

<style type="text/css">
.orinwinter-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.orinwinter b {font-weight:bold; color:#9999cc; letter-spacing:1px}
.orinwinter p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orinwinter {margin:0 auto; background-color:#d4d4ce; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2afctg6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 205px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81909b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread