I'm not about to give thanks or apologize.
[html]

Her eyes turned toward the north, surveying the peaks of the mountains that hid the gruesome remains of their birth home. The man before her talked of the north, far west of where they stood. He had gone on adventures, while she had stagnated in the lands around their home. "Over the mountains?" Her question was innocent, without thought that he might have avoided those lands. She could still smell the smoke and char when the northern winds blew; it was probably enough to keep any smart creature away.

She caught the wink and smile and give back one of her own, reaching for him once again. It was surreal, her mind unable to process that her brother was there with her once again after being gone for such a long time, listening to him speak in the familiar but strange new voice of a man. "Well, I hope you didn't get used to being away." Her features softened, smile falling from excitement to bliss, and her eyes flooded with a gaze built of adoration and love. "I don't plan to let you leave me again," she admitted, finishing the words that had come prior.

It wasn't really her choice if he decided to go again, and she knew she hadn't been the best example. Still, as the thought that Ezekiel might leave once more entered her mind, a sinking feeling entered her stomach. She certainly couldn't let him go. The de le Poer pair were part of Inferni, born to the land over the mountains and raised by parents who had claimed the ground where they stood at the moment. Any other home wasn't worth their presence.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread