I'm not about to give thanks or apologize.
[html]
     She confused the directions, which made the boy smile fondly. There was nothing in the east for anyone—Ezekiel remembered the nightmare memory of being carried through fire and smoke, crying and coughing as the sooty stuff assaulted his senses. Inferni was lucky. Without Gabriel’s knowledge of the pass (and his knowledge of the fire) they would have most certainly been stranded as the wolves were, trying to cross a mountain that they had no business climbing. “There’s a few mountains that way,” he explained, if only to humor her.

“Good. If you keep your butt here then I won’t need to go roam the wilds to find you.” A jest, but one that spoke a great deal about what he had done for her. Talitha and Talitha alone would command such devotion—it was not as warm, not as open as her’s for him, but he had chased her ghost across the Canadian wilderness. “Besides, as fun as it is, I’m horrible at speaking their language.” Ezekiel in truth had not gone half so far as their father once journeyed; he had spent the past two years in and around Quebec; though given the size of the place, this was not hard to do. This also explained his slight accent, as he had picked it up there.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread