I'm not about to give thanks or apologize.
[html]
3+ Way to go with the misunderstanding, Talitha!

Though she had noticed his scars, she had thought nothing of them until he acknowledged them himself. Her eyes followed as his hand rose to his chin, passing over his muzzle to study the marring markings that sat over his golden eye. They were jarring, to think that someone had hurt her golden brother. To think that someone had left such a mark on her otherwise perfect twin. Perfect in the eyes of his sister, at least, if no one else.

"Speaking of the old man..."

She hadn't realized that they had reached their destination, not noticing the scent of their father on the air. Ezekiel moved to embrace him, and she held back, offering the two men a moment to themselves by searching the sky in silence. A russet-backed hand raised to tousle her curls, fighting back a swelling anxiety that Gabriel would suddenly become less of the devoted father she had seen him as.

There was no reason to worry, though. He had greeted his son with a wag of his tail, and it reassured her that her brother wouldn't leave her side again. She reached out to the golden male, hoping to take his hand again in order to cement the comfort that had settled in. "I guess you're the one that's bringing home strays now, hm Talitha?" Her father's words struck her with confusion.

"But he isn't a stray," she whispered. Perhaps she had misunderstood, but she only saw one possibility: that her worries were not unfounded, and that Gabriel was disappointed in her brother. "He'll be allowed to stay, right? I don't want him to leave." It was less of a personal wish and more of a formal request, words hurried out into the open with the hope that her desire to have him there would make Gabriel keep him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread