I'm not about to give thanks or apologize.
[html]
     The man that had come at him was a demon, seeking his earthly daughter through the boy she trained. Ezekiel hated him for that. It was the path of a coward, and went against everything he had been taught. Darkness had tried, while he laid in agony, to slip within him but the boy had fought and won. Cwmfen had made him promise her to still from her path, and he had. But there had been others. Many others had come after. He had been angry, hurt, and he had used those things to fight for him. Now he fought without such emotions—he fought simply because he loved to fight.
    Muscles hardened by combat rippled under his fur as he rose, readjusting the weight of armaments that no longer felt different from his own fur. Gabriel’s little joke met Ezekiel with a chuckle, but his sister found reason to fear for him. Seeing her distress, he moved closer and gripped her hand again. “I’m sure I look like a rogue by now,” he offered, tilting his head so his bangs tumbled into his face. “Your father is right, his daughter could do much better.” A grin, toothy and almost challenging—though Ezekiel would never usurp his father in public, he felt he had earned the right to do so privately.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread