Sink or Swim?
[html]

We gotta stop running into each other like this XD Also; I give your charries some pp responsibility over mine because I trust you and our threads could go on forevs if we tried >.>

There were little islands of ice floating around Tony now. Some were large enough that he could land on them, but fear kept him rooted to the spot, as well as the knowledge that they were slippery and one wrong step or jump could land him in the freezing water. His little eyes snapped up when he heard his name, although it was not his mother calling them. The ochre gold orbs honed in on the source, and he saw that it was his older cousin, Silvano. His memories of his cousin were hazy--brief visits, passing notice, nothing too intense to be memorable to a puppy--but he knew that someone had spotted him in danger and that it meant safety was not far behind...maybe. He did as he was told and kept standing on his ice floe, his claws digging into the ice to prevent any unexpected slides. Silvano's gonna help me... Silvano's gonna help me... were the words going through his head to keep him calm, even when his back paw slipped back and skimmed the edge of that cold water, making him yelp.

He saw Silvano dart off somewhere, and for a moment, as he lost sight of his cousin, he was terrified that Silvano had left him. But he should've given the older wolf more credit, the moment he reappeared around a bend, seemingly having scouted a better route to come to Tony's rescue. But he was still too far away...! Taking a few deep breaths, his courage reignited at the appearance of another wolf, Tony let his blind bravery take hold as he attempted to jump to the next largest ice slab closest to shore and Silvano. But he had slightly miscalculated his weight and how far the still start jump would take him, so only his upper half made it fully onto the cold island. His hind legs dipped into the water and made Tony gasp with the shock as his claws scrapped over the sheer surface, desperatly grabbing at nothing to pull him onto the now leaning floe. "Silvano! Momma! Papa!" If Fia and Zo could see him then, and if they were under less dangerous circumstances, they would've laughed at their normally haughty brother crying so openly for help. But if they were there, then, at that moment, they might be crying just as loudly. His hind paws scrabbled numbly, and somehow he managed to pull his legs out of the water. But his courage was gone again, and he just laid on the floe, shivering and shaking as his soaked lower half instilled the fear of a repeat attempt. At the very least, he was closer to shore...

Guardian walks. "Guardian talks." Guardian thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.ghitajazbabe05 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bfc4c8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #637079; }
.ghitajazbabe05-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#272d30; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #637079; text-align:right;}
.ghitajazbabe05 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ghitajazbabe05 {margin:0 auto; width:450; background-color:#637079; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 637079.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bfc4c8; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#272d30; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #637079; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ghitajazbabe05-border1 {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.ghitajazbabe05-line1 {width:420px; border-bottom:1px solid #7e8990; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread