sunshine on my shoulders
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#cambriahealymarit {width:430px; background-color:#f4f6e7; border:1px solid #000000; border-top:0px; margin:auto; margin-top:-40px;}
#cambriahealymarit .text {padding:15px; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; border:0px;}
#cambriahealymarit .text b, #cambriahealymarit .text i {color:#325000;}
</style>

300+

The second pup had been all taken care of and was placed down carefully next to her brother and by the time Cambria turned back around Princess was pushing again. The healer had no idea how many pups would be born, but something instinctual told her that this third one would be the final one. When the Marino was working, she gained a sort of tunnel vision that blocked out any and all unnecessary distractions, and so she did not see the touched look in her mate's eyes as she had beheld her holding the newest member of her family. She was completely focused on Princess and making sure the pups were all healthy and taken care of as soon as they were pushed into the world. Princess was doing an amazing job with the labor and soon all her hard work would be over and she could see the true joy that was her reward.

Soon the third pup was out and the Medicus attended to it just as she had the first two. This one was also a girl and had coloring that appeared to be very similar to that of her mother. As she wrapped the little girl up in the warm, dry towel it appeared her premonition had been correct and the birthing was over. "Two girls and a boy, congratulations," she said smiling broadly as she gathered the bundled pups up and offered them over to their parents. Cambi sat back and looked at the new family and a warmth spread in her chest. This was the part of her job that was really rewarding, and to see life and happiness for a change was just the pick-me-up the Marino had needed. At first she had felt bad about leaving Crimson Dreams to come and help, but now she was so very glad that she had.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread