a prophetic history
{{ooc: 1,032 words.}}

Vigilante had been momentarily stunned by what the Elders had instructed them would have to happen next to save the pack and his nephew. Martyr seemed to handle the news more readily, remaining calm on both the outside and the inside. Though the brother did not outwardly show his reaction, as it was the way that he had been trained, he did not believe that his sister had been given the same training. Even if she had been taught how to master her emotions and show no reaction to anything, he knew that he would always be able to read what it was that she was feeling deep inside. The bond that they shared was greater than the one that most siblings shared, for they had experienced both good and bad together, and their upbringing had been far from the norm. Sharp jade eyes looked to his silent sister, searching for a response from her, but she merely rose to her feet and began to walk out of the cave that they had been called to together. Vigilante watched her for a moment, unsure of why she was so accepting of this news, before he trotted after her. He wanted to yell at her, to demand to know why she had not spoken up against what they had said, but he knew that she would merely turn his own question against him. He knew her far too well and knew that she would do that, but what was more, he truly did not know how he would answer when she demanded the same of him. Why hadn't he argued when he had been told he should not? There had been no need to accept it so quietly, just as she had done.

Though they did not speak to one another as her followed along after her swiftly moving form, he was already planning to demand an answer from her, some sort of explanation. He would be damned if they did not talk about this and explore all of the possibilities, for he could not imagine his life without his dearest sister. She grounded him, she was the only one that knew all of the truth behind everything in his ways. The pack knew of what he did, but they did not know the specifics, for the Elders would never allow for that. He did not want it, anyway. The members of Kaktowik had always been distant from the alpha pair's only son, and that was simply the way that the righteous killer wanted things to be. Martyr appeared to be leading him far away from the den area of the pack, and he began to recognize the way that she was running. His eyes narrowed as he recognized the path to the old stone cave that they had been raised in, separated from the rest of the pack and guarded by a pair of Elders. Roland had been one of them. The other, Aspen, had since deceased, and Roland had taken his position as the eldest of the Elders. Vigilante recognized the pathway that she had taken them to, and though he wanted to stop her now and demand she speak to him, he knew that this needed to be done in her own way. Whatever was on her mind about their most recent set of instructions would need to be spoken in her own way. He could respect that, even if it frustrated him beyond belief.

Finally they reached the cave where they had spent their childhood. Vigilante followed his sister into the cave, waiting until she sat to do the same. Jade eyes sought for some explanation in hers, but he found none, so he was forced to wait until she began. It was painful for him, but it was so obviously even worse for her. It was so obvious, but he truly did not know why she was not as incensed as he was. "They told me this would eventually happen, when they began to train you for your part of the prophecy," she whispered, looking away from him. He opened his mouth to speak, but she silenced him with a look. She knew that her brother cared only for her in their lives, but she had enough love within her for more than only him. Martyr had never understood his way of thinking, and Vigilante knew this. Because she would not allow him to speak or to argue, he simply watched her. He did not understand why his sister had never told him this before, as he had never hidden any of his instructions from her. But this, this was something big, and she had hidden it from him. "I was told that I was to keep it quiet, so I did. You understand, Vigi... You know, you know what they are like. This is just how it is meant to be." She sounded so finished to him, the words spoken in such a finite manner, that he felt as if he could not come up with a proper argument. This simply could not be happening, because he could not live without his beloved sister.

"No," he spoke with a deep growl. "Marty, we can go against this. We can take your daughters, we could take them with us, and we could leave," he said. The dog mutt knew that his sister could never abandon Roschelle, Pippa, and Lolita. He did not think that she could leave her only son, but as Pello was a large part of the problem, he would not readily take the boy with them, and he only would if his beloved sister insisted upon it. Even as the words were out of his mouth, though, the vigilante killer knew that it would be of no use. His sister was shaking her head sadly. "No, Vigi... Just no. This is how things are supposed to be. I want this. If you refuse to do it, then I will do it myself with your dagger. This needs to happen, and I want you to do it... Please, Vigi. Please kill me to save my son and our pack," she pleaded, her tonse sad and desperate.

Messages In This Thread