a magician and a heritic
[html]
3+

His reasons were strange to the leggy fae as her eyes passed over each of his movements, remembering what he did. He talked of giving thanks and of spirits, and wonderment passed through her mind. She had only ever known God, and even He was transformed into the hulking beast they claimed as 'father'. Spirits seemed taboo in the mind of the woman, but her brother seemed to offer them an offer of peace, and she trusted his judgments. "I didn't know there were spirits who cared for deer," she replied. It was new concept, but not an unwelcome one. Anything to turn her mind from hell and damnation for one single day.

She paid Marlowe no mind, not caring for the bird she saw in the light of a pet to her father and brother. He was just another animal, albeit one that understood text when she didn't. A brief pang of jealousy entered her mind; Marlowe had skills she would never possess. It wasn't that she couldn't learn, but that she didn't care. Still, he wasn't a coyote. He was just a bird, and he was more intelligent than she. The Lykoi scoffed softly, turning her attentions back to her brother as he continued his work, slitting open the bladder with an oddly elegant gesture.

"Do you want to share this with me?" The words directed to her were followed by Marlowe's request, not that she could comprehend what was spoken between the two males. Ezekiel responded in turn and the mass of black feathers moved to peck at the eyes within the skull of the prey. Talitha grimaced in disgust. "Do you have to do that while people are watching, Marlowe? Really." A shake of the head and she leaned toward her brother. Cooked food was a luxury she had experienced during her stay in the Bay, at the camp of one Myron de Norte, but she hadn't learned how to do it herself. "Are you sure it wouldn't be a problem? I don't want to take your food if it imposes," she whispered. In truth, she simply didn't want him to know she was famished, and as a carnivorous creature who ate rarely, she was sure he'd notice when she scarfed down her dinner.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread