a magician and a heritic
[html]

I just found out Talitha's name is also shared with two stars in Ursa Major. Hurrr.

Though Ezekiel did not know it, Marlowe’s remarkable intelligence was not uncommon for his breed. What was remarkable was the problem-solving that the raven displayed. He had learned to read in order to make himself better than the other birds. He had fought many other males for the position, but the ravens had respected his intelligence and backed him over the others. Marlowe, above all else, adapted—this was why he was as old as he was, given wild ravens typically live half of the lifespan of their vocal companion.

The answer to her question was within her hands, and Ezekiel found this little fact amusing. “Yeah, we do. From that book, actually. Dad told me he picked our names from stories he liked. Talitha was a little girl who had died, but God’s son brought her back to life.” He liked that story too, if only because he thought of his sister. She had the power to die and be born again, like the prophet-son. “I don’t know how many of them are true, but the stories in there are all about God and the people he chose to do great things.”

<style type="text/css">
.ezekiel-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ezekiel-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ezekiel-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ezekiel-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ekiel1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread