a magician and a heritic
[html]

While she would have usually appreciated the close contact of her brother, the russet Lykoi couldn't calm her unease. Her crimson eyes avoided his own golden de le Poer gaze, unable to bring her sight upon the reminder that Gabriel ran through them. Gabriel. The source of benign neglect that had served them well over the years, and the source of pain in the lives of others. A trembling hand rose to wipe her eye; when had she started to cry? She couldn't remember the vague burn that often accompanied tears.

What would Ezekiel have left without her? The question left her cold. If she hadn't been there, he wouldn't have had to leave. He could have stayed and moved through the paces of normal life. "The chance for a real life. I just get in the way. Of everyone, of myself." She sought out his hand at her shoulder, resting her own delicate fingers on top of it. What she wouldn't do to make the world a better place for her father and brother. A world without her to distract the golden prince, and a world without her to cause the holy demon pain.

"If I'd just...died sooner, maybe you wouldn't have had to leave. You could have...you could have stayed here and found someone to live with and be a normal boy." Her fingers grasped at his hand, breath catching in her throat as she tried to calm her despair. Without thought, her free hand dredged up the tarnished flask from beneath the skirt she wore, spinning the top off with her thumb and raising it to her mouth. The burn of the liquor as it dove down her throat made her cough for just a moment.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread