Snowstorm Thread - Time Kills Slowly
[html]

OOC: Muse-less Sorin lacks muse for old, sleepy thread. -_-

Slade had to admit, despite the fact that thoughts were whirling around in his mind, he found Mars's music soothing. Besides, what Mars said suggested that they should all try to fall asleep, because if nobody else intended to provide entertainment of any sort sleep was the only option. So he decided that he would keep his eyes closed and just act asleep. He wasn't going to be the only one awake during the snowstorm. And of course, this gave his mind a chance to really run off.

He started daydreaming. This storm was terrible all right, and if it was going to last a long time exactly how would he wait it out? He certainly didn't want to be the only one awake if Mars and the others decided to rest as well. Being the coyote Slade was, he decided that he would pass the time the same way he passed most days: by using his imagination and thinking up a story. Besides, the reason he couldn't sleep was probably the fact that he was in a stranger's house, and while he didn't doubt Mars's hospitality he wasn't keen on falling asleep under the Optime's watch.

Soon enough, in the fantasies of his mind, Slade found himself sitting at a warm campfire on a cool summer night, listening as a few unfamiliar coyotes sat near him and told their own stories; ghost stories, tales of fantasy and heroism, a few nostalgic recollections, and so on. The last one was particularly boring and Slade found himself beginning to nod off.

That's how I'll wait this out, he thought. I'll do what the pack of Cercatori d'Arte is all about: jus' use my mind creatively. That'll work out perfectly. I don't even have to fall asleep in a stranger's house under a stranger's watch. Because there's no telling what he could do when we're all asleep... that guitar could make a great weapon.... And before he knew it, Slade was fast asleep, back near the campfire and telling a story about a madman who had a steel guitar which he used as an excellent weapon, but somehow knowing that he wasn't about to meet that character today.

<style type="text/css">
.sladefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bacdd6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000f3d; }
.sladefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; text-align:center;}
.sladefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sladefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#527d96; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... slade1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bacdd6; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sladefreebe01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #527d96; margin:0 auto;}
.sladefreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #527d96; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#03+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread