A Spirit to Keep the Soul Warm
[html]

Sorry for the wait. D: Pretending Nuki left, since she's dropping the character.

Miss Pixie replied to the other female, and only gave Gotham a slight nod. That was well and good for him, as he didn't feel all that social yet anyway. She did, however, invite the two newcomers to join her in her search. It seemed as if Nuki didn't appreciate the idea, because when Gotham next looked over, she was gone without a word. That left him alone to keep the Frost girl company. Oh joy.

He glanced over, perked his eyes, then sighed in defeat. "Right then. Goose hunt. I'm game." His vocabulary was astounding. Really. "You probably know already, but I'm Gotham. Gotham Phoenix." He stood up from the wall and smiled, a charming expression. "That was Nuki, I believe. New member. Still a bit anti-social, it seems." He glanced at the doorway, then shrugged. "More treasure for us."

He made a show of strolling over to a nearby storage, kneeling down to open it up; a trunk, old and worn, but the lock was still intact. With a slight turn of his lips, the phoenix boy hummed in thought. It was old, rusted... an easy fix. Or rather, break, in this case. He reached up and took the lock in one hand, the other supporting the trunk firmly. Then, he hauled his weight forward and onto the lock...

And it broke. Much easier than he'd expected. Gotham yelped as he lost balance and went crashing face-first into the trunk. It took him a moment, but he sat up again and gave the case a baffled look of both surprise and displeasure. Then, he looked over to Pixie, blinked, then grinned stupidly. "I meant to do that. Worked like a charm." Looking back at the trunk, his grin changed to a grimace and he mumbled a curse or two at the lock in his hand. Stupid thing.

Gotham did move to open the damn thing, though, and what he found inside was by far the best thing he'd seen all week. "Hey, I found some ale or something over here!" It brightened his spirits a bit, knowing he'd found what was probably some really nice vintage drinks. Only three bottles, sure, but they were big and undamaged, settled into some old clothes and papers. "I bet I could trade one of these for a good horse if they're still good to drink." Silly Gotham, what would you do with a horse anyway? Boy couldn't ride to save his life!

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei07 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b6dbaa; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2b4821; }
.allifreebei07-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2b4821; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei07 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.allifreebei07 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#71ab5e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei07.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b6dbaa; padding: 105px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2b4821; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei07-border1 {width:482px; border:1px solid #2b4821; margin:0 auto;}
.allifreebei07-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px solid #b6dbaa; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
+411
[/html]

Messages In This Thread