Trapped - digging out the Town Hall
[html]

Alrighty, figured we'd keep things moving! 300+

A heavy weight seemed to be lifted from everyone in the hall once he had said the news aloud. They were all eager to be rid of being stuck in this place. It was unfortunate that they had been snowed into the building, but the hunter was only glad that something could finally be done about their situation instead of having to play the "wait and see" game. Liliana immediately offered her help and he knew that she was anxious to get out and check on the horses and other animals as soon as she could. He had taken her away from them, and would get her back to them as soon as he possible could. Dawali told him where the tools were and he quickly went and gathered the shovels and other things up, depositing them centrally in the room.

As he looked over what they had, the two pups chimed in. One was content to stay beside the injured Kalona, but the other seemed ready to do her part in helping out. Nayati offered both the girls a warm smile. "I think you both can stay with Dawali for now. Once I get outside and have a look around I'll have a better idea of what we are up against. If there's anything you can do though, I will let you know." He wasn't about to put the young ones to work unless it were absolutely necessary. It was best if they stay with Dawali and keep warm.

Placing a couple of shovels by the wall, he looked back to his mate. "I'll climb out and have a look around, then I'll come and help you out if it's safe." With some effort, he pulled himself up and out the window of the Town Hall and immediately felt the harsh bite of the cold wind against his fur, but it was nothing compared to what it had been before. The snow was very deep, and his feet and legs sank into it, but he trudged around to the front of the building. It would take some time, but they would be able to dig themselves out. Nayati walked back to the window and stuck his head back in. "I think we can get started. If you hand me the shovels first Lili, then I'll help you out." If only there were more bodies to help, but there was nothing that could be done about that.

<style type="text/css">
.nayati b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayati .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayati p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayati {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ede3d7; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... nayati.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0F475F; padding: 167px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread