folly of the blind man
[html]<style type="text/css">
#revan01b { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/revan1.png') bottom center no-repeat; padding-bottom: 300px; padding-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #a15151; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#revan01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#revan01b .ooc { color: #752525; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#revan01b .speak { color: #ffdcdc; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

WC:537 (5pts)

OOC: Hi Big Grin I hope I didn't get too aggressive with this >.> Feel free to let me know and I will modify Smile

Something was different about this day, something very wrong, and it was quite obvious what it was. Snow had fallen, but this was much worse than anything he had ever been in. Sure he had seen his fair share of snow, had heard stories of storms that could have been as bad as this, but he wasn't built for the snow and the cold. Generations of coyote blood flowed through his veins, coyotes that had survived through this kind of weather for countless cycles of the moon, but he also shared the generations of jackal blood, creatures that were used to thriving in desert, hot days and cold nights, but snow was a completely different story.

He would survive, however. He was young and he was tough, he would survive. Today he had chosen to try and look around his pack's main parts, knowing something bad could have happened to his members. He himself had almost gotten trapped when a snow burdened tree suddenly broke and nearly collapsed on him. Who knew how many of his packmates could be suffering that fate, or worse?

His question was answered rather quickly as he suddenly heard a loud crash in the distance, followed shortly by a "Talitha!" up ahead. "Oh no! Tali.." He knew it had to be her. Talitha wasn't exactly a common name. He ran full pelt in the direction the sound had come from, skidding to a halt when he caught her scent, recognizing it instantly from their last meeting and following it straight to a tree with an odd pile of snow spread around it, the trunk of the tree laying on the ground and revealing a shattered base. He was so focused on Talitha being hurt that at first his tunnel vision limited him to only seeing the tree trunk, not noticing the other coyote at all. The scent stopped here and it was only obvious where she was. "Talitha? Tali! Are you ok?"

Adrenaline pumped through his veins as he started to frantically dig into the pile of snow and bits of tree. He caught sight of a russet colored hand and squeezed it gently. "Don't worry Tali, I'm here, you'll be out just as soon as I can get this tree trunk off of you." Suddenly an unfamiliar scent reached his nose and he turned to see another male there. "Sorry for the rude entrance but there's no time for pleasantries, we have to get her out of there, I can smell blood."

He began to push at the tree trunk, but there was no way he was going to get it off of her by himself. Nowhere near defeated, he turned to the unknown male. "Listen, I have an idea to get her out, but we have to work together on this. We need to find a heavy rock and a very sturdy branch. My idea is that we could place the rock near the trunk and stick the tree branch under the trunk and push it off of her, using the rock as leverage. We'll need to work together on this." He looked around worriedly, trying to find the supplies needed. "Hang on Tali, you'll be out of there shortly!"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread