folly of the blind man
[html]<style type="text/css">
#revan01b { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/revan1.png') bottom center no-repeat; padding-bottom: 300px; padding-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #a15151; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#revan01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#revan01b .ooc { color: #752525; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#revan01b .speak { color: #ffdcdc; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

WC: 579(5pts)

OOC:

The stranger seemed to know what he was doing, so Revan nodded when the suggestion to find the rock was made. At least the coyote hadn't completely blown his plan off, but he didn't like the vibe he was getting from the male. Still, there were more important things at stake, the life of a treasured friend in danger. Without further thought he took off in the opposite direction of the other, a burning ingrained though unknown instinct to impress a female now driving him on to find the perfect stone.

He wasn't sure how much trouble finding a good branch would be, but he immediately found out that finding a stone was going to be a lot more difficult thanks to the thick blanket of snow covering the ground. Frantically digging around in the snow was proving to be a fruitless effort, but he would not give up, for Talitha's sake. He had helped her before, mended her self inflicted wounds and prevented an infection, but did she even remember him? She hadn't called out his name when he spoke, though he figured that could be due to the pain she was experiencing, and what was up with this male? Was he her ma...te...That must be it. These two were mates, that's why he was picking up that strange vibe from the male.

Slightly broken, Revan nevertheless refused to give up his efforts to help the crimson eyed beauty. After all, friends could be just as rewarding, and there was always the chance that maybe this coyote wasn't her mate after all. A rock was found, perfect shape and size, and he hefted it over his shoulder, carrying it back to the tree and setting it down in the right spot. The other male hadn't returned yet, so he decided to see what else he could do to help. A quick glance at the tree trunk and another idea sprouted. He could grab another rock and use that to hold the trunk off the ground while Tali was safely and carefully pulled out from underneath it, that way the males didn't have to hold the tree up, though he had a feeling he would have been the one left with that task.

With that, he ran off to find another larger, flat topped rock, or at least one that would be able to hold a tree trunk without it slipping off. Finding this rock was easier due to its larger size, though Revan was forced to drag it along the ground back to the tree. "Thank the Moon I've been exercising so much, otherwise this might have killed me." He laughed and panted as he finally reached the tree, pushing this rock up against it next to the other one, where the male had all ready set up the branch. Once everything looked ok, he went over the plan again with the male. "Ok basically all we have to do is pull the branch down and lift the tree onto this rock here, then it will be high enough off the ground that we can carefully slide her out from underneath it. It is absolutely not safe for her to be under there as I don't trust this rock enough for that. It looks like it will hold, but Tali's life is at stake here, so I'm not taking chances. Are you ready?"

He grabbed hold of the branch and prepared to pull/push it down.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread