folly of the blind man
[html]

--

While every fiber in Ezekiel’s body bristled and wanted nothing more than to strike out at the boy, he set his jaw and focused on the task at hand. There were more important things to do than deal with a snot-nosed brat who thought he knew everything. He barely looked old enough to be a yearling. The bronze coyote held his sister gingerly, keeping his temper in check as best he could as the mongrel made a point to insert himself and sing praises to his sister. The Hastati’s eyes narrowed. What the hell was this, some puppy crush? His sister couldn’t possibly be interested in such a young boy, but here he was thinking he was somehow special to her.

The comment about his father made Ezekiel’s lips pull back and show his teeth. It was goddamned disrespectful to talk about Gabriel on such familiar terms. He hid them only as the boy went on, babbling about his sister. So the kid had helped her as a child? Well no wonder he thought he knew what he was doing. Of course, he doubted a puppy would have survive internal trauma like he was sure Talitha had now. “Listen,” Ezekiel began, starting towards the mansion. “You said you helped your sister when she was hurt, yeah? Well Talitha is my sister, so I’m going to do whatever I can to help her. When we get her back to the mansion I’ll go try and find someone that can help.” Taking his care to avoid jarring the russet girl, Ezekiel found his beaten path and began following it towards the old house.

<style type="text/css">
.ezekiel-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ezekiel-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ezekiel-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ezekiel-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ekiel1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread