running with scissors
Continued from here

[html]
Not yet, but eventually. It seemed like something to hold on to. A reason to look forward into the future instead of peering back on the weathered pages of the past. Corona had watched him draw out both tobacco and match, the charcoal tip springing to life and drawing out the crimson in his eyes so much more than the lack of light they already had. Addiction did indeed run throughout all of their veins. It ran them to ruin in some cases. It allowed man to ride to his own ruin—which never went without thinking that perhaps one day they would all meet that fate themselves. They did not live as long as the last statues of intelligent life did, so they didn't have time to get as far or obtain as much. But time… would take them there, she was sure of it.

“I'm staying in what's left of Chimera, so I'll never been that far away,” she told him, “if you need me.” Letting her eyes drift away from his face, she couldn't help but peer up at the sky, pondering something else. Though she had no fear of provoking that very darkness that lurked within him, it was the tactless way she wanted to go about it that made the difference. “Do you think you'll go to the coast and see her?” Corona didn't even know just how to refer to her mother in his presence. Another thing that had slipped out of her mannerisms; she hardly addressed anyone by what they were. But there wasn't any denying that he would miss on just which her she was talking about. She neither asked if he would visit any of the others, nor did she doubt that he would say he would go see her.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread