M - She asked me what it was I want, I said that I
[html]

Wordcount: 5+

It had been many, many days.

At first, it had been easy not to think of him. He was simply a figment for her enjoyment - A tasty yet forbidden fruit that she had dined on once, but had now found her palette to reject. When surrounded by her family, by her beloved sisters and her glorious grandmother, it was easy to fall into utmost guilt at the despicable thing she had done with him. He was a near-murderer. He was a traitor. She, in no way, craved him any longer.

But like any good poison, Itachi lingered still within her blood, seeping into her mind when she least expected it. It was as though the songbird had one foot in a snare - She could see the open sky, the refreshing oblivion of ignorance, but no matter how hard the silver girl tried to soar she remained grounded. Tethered, by sinful thoughts of him.

For a while, she had contented herself with pretending it had never happened. He was the figment of a bad dream, nothing more. But after the Earthmother had torn her fury throughout the already bleak land, ravishing her children with bitter cold and ferocious wind, her thoughts had again turned to the fallen angel. He, of golden pelt and blood red eyes. Had he survived? There had been some fatalities, and she knew him to dwell up in the mountains, where the screaming wind would have been worst. Was he injured? Was he thinking of her?

Disgusted with her pining, China had resolved to put an end to the madness. But even in this stubborn thought, was she wrong - Her mind sought the excuse to see, for herself, the place they had been. Perhaps there she would find the cure for the venom of He.

As before, it seemed a matter of fate. Did Shea laugh, as Shea saw the two move as one to that shredded place? The Earthmother was many secrets, and China never preached to understand the ways in which Shea worked. There was no fire spiralling from the old chimney, but there was no chimney either. The shed had been torn away from the mountainside, leaving only the scar where its foundations had been, and a figure hunched over. The bleary sunlight cast his mottled pelt to gold. She stood at the edge of the trees, watching him in utmost silence, wondering absently at the lack of emotion within her.

China did not know what to feel. She approached with the silence of a forest sylph, silvery pelt that so contrasted with his own seemingly born out of the cold landscape around. Cerulean eyes, blue as the tranquil dawn, made no effort to pull themselves from the figure ahead.

She made no effort to disguise her approach, and stopped many body lengths away. A single smoldering joint was lifted silently to waiting lips, filling her lungs with the joyous and aching white. When she spoke, it spilled out around her words. "You didn't light it." A tilt of her head gestured to the neat bundle of wood, central to the carcass of the old shed.

<style type="text/css">
.china-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.china-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.china-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.china-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... /vine3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread