M - She asked me what it was I want, I said that I
[html]

Word Count → 3+ :: table style © Sie

She thought that maybe she knew him now. It could have been delusion, but the girl swore she saw the shades of ruby shifting, deep platonic plates grinding and sliding and changing - Always changing. Could she deceive herself with thoughts of connection? Where her hands lingered on his golden pelt, the touch was warm, warm enough to temporarily stave off the cold of the oncoming night. But she would require more than just that warmth; The dark hours thirsted for her, and the silver songbird would require a guardian to survive among them if she did not fly from him soon.

The words he uttered were soft, so blank and calm that she wanted to claw at his face, to weep and laugh hysterically for him. There had to be more than just this puppet-mask. There was more; she had seen it before, seen through the cracks to the black energy within. Even wickedness was favourable to this uncompromising numbness. "Then understand," Lyrical voice was just a whisper now, her fingers tightening their grip on his forearms, lapis lazuli feverishly bright, "That it is my mistake to make, not yours." She knew her words to be the truth.

It was almost comical, the wrongness of it inside her head. That she should be persuading a murderer to feel for her - a murderer of his own blood, her own kind. Did she seek to save him from himself? A doomed journey. China Rose Lykoi just wanted to be loved. "Unless you have already made up your mind," Perhaps he was finished with her. Perhaps he had tasted enough of the warm summer-girl, and sought only the winds of winter. It would hurt deeply to be so easily discarded, but if he were to tell her this, she would leave and not look back.

<style>
.china-x02-box {background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... asmall.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:146px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.china-x02 {font-family:arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.china-x02 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.china-x02 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-size:14px;}
.china-x02 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.china-x02 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread