turn on the light just to make shadows.
[html]

I have a thread with Zexion where he shows Tayui around. That being said, these next posts will deal with claiming the land and explaining the ranks, so we're nearly done this thread. (:

She nodded quickly when Zexion agreed, glad to have the male to show her where things were. He had mentioned that they were near the water, and for this, Tayui was grateful. It added the diversity to the pack she had wanted, something she was glad Pilot agreed with. She smiled to Skoll as he remained silent, following Zexion as he led them through the territory. She paused only long enough to leave her mark here and there, having discussed with Pilot the size of the territory they would need. They had little comprehension of how large these lands were, but the time it took for them to make it from one location to the next marked the time well enough.

"That's right; Pilot and I discussed the matter and we found that implementing a new rank system would be appropriate. It is modelled after the Spartan system of government, and we will follow it mostly in name. Pilot and I will serve as the two kings of the Spartan society, equal in rank and from the two founding families. In this regard, Pilot and I are equals; I am the Agiad and Pilot is the Eurypontid, the two names of the founding families. The other leaders will be the Ephoroi. The Spartans normally had five, but I doubt we will ever need so many. The Lochos will serve as the new rank up from Subordinate, and as Pilot explained, will be all of your rank. Perioikoi will serve as the subordinate, and anyone who has shamed themselves or dishonoured Shadowed Sun, themselves, or a fellow member will be ranked as a Helot." She paused, trying to get her bearings. "We will have many other ranks, but the co-ranks will also serve as an important feature. Each co-rank will have a lesser and greater level. Greater levels of co-ranks are held normally by one after showing us they are truly deserving. So in this regard, you can advance both in your political rank and your actual job. The co-ranks are basic and include border duties, guardians, ambassadors, puppy sitters, cooks, grounds keepers, and anything else you might think of once we work out all the details. I'd suggest thinking what your talents are and seeing if you can create a duty that fits it." She regarded each member individually, glad they had followed her and Pilot this far. She was especially glad they had the confidence in the both of them; that they could lead this together.

Now that they had seen the coast, she looked over to where Zexion was. "Are there any lands on the edge of the mountain that would be good for hunting, Zexion? If you could show us more of the land, Pilot and I could split up and claim some territory? We could move off into two groups and survey the lands."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread